Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fairy Tales Do Exist

Below is an email I recieved from a friend talking about love and relationships.....maybe we just need to throw away the picture we have in our minds or maybe we need to KEEP the picture and just broaden our view... either way, we know we need to focus on what we want rather than what we don't want; we also need to quit imagining a "fairy tale" because that's just not realistic.

...It really hit me, what you said about aligning your vibration with what you want instead of what you don't want. I think I spend so much time identifying what hits me wrong or feels "off" that that tends to be what I mostly see. And it can take at least a day of being together for my focus to shift to how fabulous and loving he is...

I think many times, we are afraid that when a person comes into our life--if they don't fit that picture EXACTLY as it is in our head, then, maybe they're not the one, and maybe we're selling ourselves short. Maybe we're selling ourselves short because there is 1 or 2 small things that don't match our tiny little picture of what the "fairy tale" should look like.


I sure know what you mean about fear that the experience won't be "exactly" like the picture you have in your head. When it doesn't conform perfectly to the picture in our heads--is that a sure clue that it isn't the right thing? Or is it that our pictures aren't broad enough to make room for the "real" thing that includes loving, decent, warm, vulnerable, flawed, partners who challenge us to stretch our hearts further...accept differences...and cherish the perfect imperfect reality?


...the perfect, imperfect reality. I like that. I also like the idea that maybe our pictures aren't broad enough to make room for the "real" thing, because I haven't completely identified what I would like to find in the "real" thing.

Once, someone asked me what I was looking for in a relationship. What I was looking for was not on the tip of my tongue --however, what I was NOT looking for was on the tip of my tongue. What I was not looking for was exactly what I kept attracting. This is what I'm beginning to understand about energy. In the past, I was so busy focusing on what I didn't want, rather than what I did want. It's now time to focus on what I would like in my life and forget about what I would not like. Now that the picture has broadened, and I have evolved, I (and only I) have the power to make my "fairy tale" come true.

This quote applies from http://www.Abraham-Hicks.com

Daily Quotation
When you're vibrating purely, you get only what's a match to that. It's your ambivalence: "I like that but I don't like that... I like that but I don't like that..." that keeps what you like and what you don't like coming at you all the time. You don't have to "turn the other cheek" when you are in vibrational harmony only with what you want. Then, only what you want comes. --- Abraham




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this phrase:
"or is it that our pictures aren't broad enough to make room for the "real" thing that includes loving, decent, warm, vulnerable, flawed, partners who challenge us to stretch our hearts further...accept differences...and cherish the perfect imperfect reality?"

This puts into words something that has been floating around in my brain - you know, one of those nebulous thoughts that you can't quite put your finger on ... this says it all. I can't believe how beautiful and powerful that phrase is.