Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Overcoming Judgement

Daily Quotation

There is a big mix out there, and there's lots of different things going on, and there is not one way that was intended to be the right way. Just like there's not one color or one flower or one vegetable or one fingerprint. There is not one that is to be the right one over all others. The variety is what fosters the creativity. And so you say, "Okay, I accept that there's lots of variety, but I don't like to eat cucumbers." Don't eat cucumbers. But don't ask them to be eliminated and don't condemn those who eat them. Don't stand on corners waving signs trying to outlaw the things that you don't like. Don't ruin your life by pushing against. Instead, say, "I choose this instead. This does please me. --- Abraham http://abraham-hicks.com/





I struggled with this tonight. What is it about us that makes our "pictures" gospel? And, what is it about stretching our hearts that makes us uneasy? This is definately a feeling and fear that I need to explore and work tbrough. Earlier, in a conversation with a man who I am getting attached to, plans were made clear--and it wasn't how I had pictured it in my head... him and his plans are not like anything or anyone I have ever experienced. He may be a little territorial over his own space. He's very independent and likes his own space. Why does this scare me?


Let me think out loud here. He's had his own space since who knows when. Will this ever change? Why should it change? Because I am not sure I'm comfortable with how different this is from what I've known, seen, lived? Who am I to say it's right or not right. All I"m saying is that it's unfamiliarity makes me uneasy.


I'm not sure why someone's independence scares me a little. I am confident that this person is truely healthy--so his independence is essential to HIS well being as well as MY well being. Most of the relationships I have only been a part of have been w/ men much needier. I need to just focus on all of the good things and not pick apart what makes me uncomfortable because I think this time--the uncomfortableness is MY issue. This isn't his problem, this is mine. I will have a wonderful time, we will have a wonderful time and because time is so limited, I cannot waste it with negative feelings about what makes me uncomfortable.

No comments: