Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Step Three

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

I have been a Christian all my life but, recently, I've broadened my view of faith out of the realm of Christianity in some aspects.

Why is it so hard for us to turn things over to God? Because we want what we want when we want it. Turning it over to God may mean that it's not always going to be "our will" but "His will". I used to believe this, now I'm not so sure. Maybe we CAN have control simply by envisioning what we would like to see, living what we'd like to live, maybe we can have any life we would like.

One area of my faith that I am wondering about, is in the Abraham-Hicks book, it talks about our vibrational frequency attracting what we are focusing on. (good or bad) So, this theory says, "ask and it is given". Where, faith says God has a plan--and its not in our control. Abraham-Hicks says it IS totally in our control. This is the area I would like to find some common ground.


Here's a response I received when I asked the opinion of a friend:

What jumped into my head upon reading it was: thinking one OR the other be true can be limiting. Why can't God's plan for us be our plan for us? Could they be the same thing? Like the thought that God is everywhere, including in us, so what we want to create is the same thing as what he wants.

Wow! That really helps, thanks! This is very different from anything I've ever believed, in fact, different teachings warn Christians about this way of thinking. At any rate, I'm willing to think about this for a while--it definitely helps bridge the gap between the two belief systems. Thank you friend.

No comments: