Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 3 Zion National Park


AMAZING!!!


I cannot believe I have never been here before! It is absolutely amazing! We had a great hike through the snow. Yes, snow! Apparently there is never snow on the trail here. We only wore tennis shoes so were were not able to get to the summit on Angels Landing. Although, I tried! P felt it was getting too risky so he opted to stop. At that point, I could not stop without seeing if I could make it. I climbed about 1/2 was up and then it got very steep and icy and you had to support your body weight by pulling yourself along on the chains provided; I knew I could make it up, but thought about sliding down with no traction. The chains were intermittent and I had reached the point where there were less chains and just trees and snow covered rocks to hang on to. There was no room for error on this trail. That's what made it so exciting--life on the edge LITERALLY!


After that, we hiked another short trail that was just amazing. The views are spectacular on this place! It was an amazing day!!!! I couldn't have asked for more!

No comments: