Monday, February 18, 2008

It's good to be home...


I am home, and exhausted. The trip was GREAT! The activities were great, the company was great, life is GREAT!

There is so much going on in my head right now. Sometimes, I think single life is easier. Life would be easier if we didn't have feelings...

Anyway, I am left with a lot to think about and many happy memories. Aside from that, there is no pressure to act on any of the feelings or any of the conversations that were had. I am feeling incredibily thankful for having such a great friendship, and also thankful for having the means to provide for myself and my daughter and be able to travel to explore the endless possibilities of life.

While hiking I realized two different peoples' perception.
The trail began to narrow. The conditions were snowy and slippery. There was a chain to hang onto for safety messures--it looked like we were going to need. P said to me, I don't think we should go any further because there is no room for error.

I said ok

Pretty soon, he said ok, lets go a little further. I said ok.

Pretty soon he said, ok, I don't think we should go any further.

I said ok.

Pretty soon he said, ok lets go a little further.

I said ok.

Pretty soon, he said I don't think we should go any farther. There is no room for error here, I'm not comfortable going any further.

I said, "you can't take me this far, and NOW tell me we can't go any further! I HAVE to go further--and LOOK, there is 5 ft on this side, and 5 ft on this side--this is plenty of room for error!" (I continued ahead on the trail until there really was NO room for error, that meant one slip and I would've been off the side of the cliff)

My point is--two people's perceptions and comfort levels. As we went on, the anticipation was building. I wanted to get to the summit. Even though I didn't, I felt comfortable going a lot further. I SAW room for error.

I think in order to take charge of our lives and truely experience life--we must take risks. We must look at the room for error that we have (or lack of) and assess the situation from there.

Maybe I push it to the limit at times? That's what keeps life interesting for me.
Life is good, and it's good to be home.

No comments: