Thursday, February 21, 2008

In memory of Tara Lynn Grant



http://www.taralynngrant.com/index.html

a genuinely beautiful mother....Tara loved her children...and did everything in her power to provide for her family....

I sit here and sob as I listen to Tara's sister speak on the video. She was somebody's little girl, she was somebody's mother. She did what she knew--and that was to provide for her family. I'm sure Tara didn't think her life would end. I'm sure she didn't think her 6 and 4 year old would grow up without their mommy, I'm sure she had no idea what he was capable of or she would've taken her children and gone somewhere, anywhere.

Stephen Grant was sentenced today. I went to this website to see if there was a history of abuse. I'm sure there was--I was glad to see the judge ruled NO CONTACT with the children. Abusers always get visitation and I think this is absurd! Too many times people think the abuser is only going to abuse the spouse--but the children are also a part of the abuse. Even if they're not abused physically, they've witnessed the abuse. This in itself should be a chargeable offense! They've been part of the sick manipulation, they've heard him yell and they've probably heard mommy crying asking him to please stop!... I sit here and sob.

The video shows this beautiful vibrant woman, and then you see men carrying a casket. Domestic abuse is SO real. It's soooo sick.

No comments: